Procedure To Get Driving License

How to Get Driving License?

click here for driving licence test

Step-1 Before we 'Land':

1. You must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication' from the country's Roads & Transport Authority explaining our driving License.

2. Also take a 'True Translation Copy' of our Driver license from Road & Transport Authority Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.

3. Get an International Driving License/Permit (IDL / IDP)

Stating more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.

4. in English or French the 2 Canadian Official Languages.

5. The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].

6. It is nothing but a translated copy of our present Driving license. It can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above.

The Benefits of the IDL / IDP:

Along With the foregoing, we can drive a car abroad for three months (60 days in Ontario). Among Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. The International Driving Licenses [IDL/IDP] are issued against our original D/Licenses by the Automobile Associations or [sometimes] the RTA/RTO of our home country. You can check them for more details.

Step-2 now after you 'Land': -

So, in such cases we are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G2 'waiting period' and get the G2 license immediately [with that 24 months letter] or a G1 driving license [if we only have the above 12 months letter].

And now for the Ontario driver's license are required to: -

1. Just present a valid foreign Driver's License.

2. Then provide an acceptable Proof of Identity [SIN PR card etc.]

3. Now pay all applicable Fees.

4. Then Pass a Vision Test

5. Again Pass the Written Knowledge Test -regarding Ontario's traffic rules.

6. Otherwise if it is not in English or French it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator [we got that as the Authentication Letter]

Note: - the applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. If it is not there the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's license application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. So, In that case we get the G1 license only.