Dangerous of eating and driving
It is the talk of The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found eating and driving is more dangerous than using a hand held cell phone while driving. Fine so most people have done it at one time or another but is it really safe? Probably not according to the Hagerty Classic Insurance in Traverse City Michigan. This Hagerty Classic Insurance publishes this list of driving and eating dangers.
1. Chocolates - Whatever you do or touch the steering wheels stick shift clothing or hair - will carry distinctive fingerprints. The Drivers' instinctive reactions are to clean the offending candy stains immediately which distracts them from the road ahead.
2. Soft-Drinks – If suddenly wearing your soda as you pull out to pass could be a deadly distraction. Opening of containers holding liquids - hot or cold - can cause a lack of driver concentration when spilled across a shirt or lap.
3. The Jelly and Cream-Filled Donuts - Imagine the disaster as messy jelly oozes onto drivers' clothes and they become more focused on the spill than the highway.
4. Fried chicken – Your Greasy hands are a sure distraction as drivers tend to constantly try to clean them while driving. Does Grease on a steering wheel is almost impossible to get off.
5. Any Barbecued Food – The Barbecue sauce might be delicious but drivers should remember that "if it can drip don't eat it while you drive."
6. Juicy Hamburgers – As the same goes for foods that contain messy or greasy extras. A hamburger of $5 deluxe could turn into $500 worth of repairs if dripping condiments special sauces or greasy meat juices distract the driver.
7. Chili - Anything stuff containing chili like a chili dog, sloppy Joe or Coney dog. If steering chili-covered foods to your mouth while steering a car around a corner requires more dexterity than humans possess.
8. Tacos – So here's a foodstuff that can disassemble itself without much help while being consumed like one good road bump and the seat of your car looks like a salad bar.
9. Hot tasty Soups – If you are eating soup while trying to manipulate a gearshift is not sensible. It is the equivalent to a circus juggling act a sure recipe for disaster.
10. Coffee – Sometimes uncovered drinks generally are the greatest offenders for unexpected splashes and spills. No one wants to look soiled or messy especially on the way to work and coffee spills are the worst because drivers invariably try to make instant clean-ups while still driving. So In addition hot coffee is often served at temperatures near scalding and can cause serious burns that also divert a driver's focus. Hagerty also learned:
Some More food-More of related accidents happen in the morning hours than in the evening because people are concerned about their appearance on the way to work.
Types of Odds having a food-related accident can double if the vehicle has a stick shift since eating and shifting and steering require increased dexterity and adds one more variable to the equation.
The really most hazardous situation combines eating and cellular phone use. If the phone rings the "driving distraction" increases significantly and in a rush to answer drivers forget they're driving.