Easy Procedure to Register a Vehicle
An application for Temporary Registration should be made in Form 20 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 as prescribed for Registration, under the Act of marked "Temporary" to the newly released Registering Authority or to the dealer dealing in the sale of New Motor Vehicles Recognized under the Transport Commissioner. It is not be necessary to fill in the items 23 to 32 of the Form from notwithstanding that be may be a Transport Vehicle.
Extension of Temporary Registration
An application for extension of the time period of Temporary Registration shall be made under Registering Authority of specifying the time period upto which extension is necessary and should be accompanied by the Temporary Registration in the Form of C.R.Team .
1. Copy of Sales certificate in the copy Form 21.
2. Copy of Road worthiness of certificate in Form 22 from the concern manufacturers detail ( Form 22A from the Body builder).
3. A Copy of the Valid Insurance bond Certificate.
4. Pollution Under the control Certificate is necessary.
5. Copy of Proof of Address like Ration Card, Adhar card Electricity Bill.
6. Copy of Designed approval copy of STA in case Trailer or Semi-Trailer.
7. Copy of Original Sales Certificate from the related Authorities in Form 21 in the case of Ex_Army Vehicle.
8. The Copy of the Customs Clearance Certificate in the case of Imported Vehicles.
9. Unless exempted, the Fee payable to any of the Temporary Registration or for its extension shall be like Rs.15/- (As per Rule 89 of APMV Rules).
10. Tax as per given by in APMVT Act.
A. Non-Transport Vehicle
B. Transport Vehicle
Form21, Form 22, Form 22A will be given by concern Manufacturer/Dealer along with Invoice)
An application form for the registering of a Motor vehicle shall be made in the Form 20 to the Registering the Authority within a period of 7 days from the date of the delivery of such an vehicle excluding the period of journey and it shall be accompanied by
1. Sales certificate in Form 21.
2. Road worthiness certificate in Form 22 from the manufacturers (Form 22A from the Body builder).
3. Valid Insurance Certificate.
4. Proof of Address (Ration Card, voter ID card, Pan card, Adhar Card, Electricity Bill )
5. Design approval copy of STA in the case Trailer or Semi-Trailer.
6. Original Sales Certificate from the concerned Authorities in Form 21 in the case of Ex-Army Vehicle.
7. Pollution Under control Certificate.
8. Customs Clearance Certificate in the case of the Imported Vehicles.
9. Appropriate Fee is as specified in Rule 81 of CMV Rules.
10. Tax as per APMVT rule Act.
A Non-Transport Vehicles
Transport Vehicles Renewal of the Certificate of Registration
An application for the Renewal of Certificate of Registration should gradually be made in the Form 25 not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry, by paying the sum amount of appropriate fee as specified in the Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules in 1989, to the Registration Authority under whose Jurisdiction the vehicle is.
3. Pollution under Control Certificate.
Duplicate Certificate of Registration.
An application for Issue of duplicate Certificate of the Registration shall be made in Form 26 . If covered by any Finance / Hire Purchase / Lease with the signatures of the Financier on the Form 26 for duplicate, certificate fee shall be paid as specified in the Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle in the Rules 1989, to the Registration Authority in whose Jurisdiction the vehicle is accomplished.
2.Pollution under Control Certificate
Transfer of Ownership
An application for Issue of Transfer of Ownership shall be made in the Form 29 (in Duplicate) and Form 30 . (in Duplicate if covered by Finance / Hire Purchase / Lease ) duly paying under the appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, to the impact Registration Authority in whose Jurisdiction the transferor and transferee resides or has their place of business.
1. Certificate of Registration
2. Certificate of Insurance
3. No objection Certificate (in case the of Other State Vehicle)
4. form of No objection Certificate from Financier (if Vehicle is Covered by Finance)
5. Pollution Under the Control Certificate.
Issue Of the no Objection Certificate
An application for Issue of No Objection Certificate shall be made in Form 28 (in triplicate) to the Registration Authority by which any of the Vehicles was previously registered / transferred. By affixing Rupees 3/- Non-Judicial Court Fee Stamp.
1. Certificate of Registration
2. Certificate of Insurance
3. Evidence of the Payment of Motor Vehicle Tax up to date
4. Pollution Under Control Certificate.
If Change in Residency
An application for recording of change in any residence area in the Certificate of Registration of a Motor Vehicle should be made by the owner of the vehicle in Form 33. Prescribed fee shall be paid.
1.Certificate of Registration
2.Proof of Address
ASSIGNMENT OF REGISTRATION MARK ON REMOVAL OF VEHICLE TO ANOTHER STATE
Section 47 of the M.V. Act 1988 provides for assignment of new registration mark on removal of vehicle to another past state.
The application for assignment of new registration mark to the motor vehicle must be made in Form 27 of CMV rules along with N.O.C specified under the Section 48 of M.V Act 1988 issued in the Form 28 of CMV rules 1989.
Time of 12 months is given for re-assignment of a new vehicle under Sec 47 of Motor vehicle Act.
1. Registration Certificate
2. Proof of Residence
3. No Objection Certificate
4. Insurance Certificate
5. Pollution under Control Certificate
6. Tax Payment
Registration Marks Display on The Vehicle
In the registration mark of referred to a sub-section (6) of Section 41 should be displayed both at the front and also at the rear on all motor vehicles clearly and legibly on a plain surface of a plate or part of the vehicle not inclined to the any vertical by more than thirty degrees, at the front of facing direct to the front and at the rear facing direct towards the rear.
In the rare case of motor cycles the registration marks in the front should be displayed parallel to the handle bar or any kind of part the vehicle including mudguard facing through the front.
1.The registration mark exhibited at the rear of a transport vehicle shall always be affixed to the vehicle on the right hand side at a distance not exceeding one meter from the ground level as may be reasonably possible having regard to the type of the body of the vehicle.
2. The registration mark shall also be painted on the right and left side on the body of the vehicle in the case of a transport vehicle viewed.
3.the registration mark shall also be painted and exhibited on the partition provided between the driver and the passengers, facing the co passengers or, where there is no such kind of partition over there, on the front interior of the vehicle near the roof to the left side of the driver's seat facing the passenger.
Class of Vehicle
Dimensions follow as below for class of the vehicles.
1. All motor cycles and the three wheeled invalid carriages Rear-letters thirty five, seven , five.
2. All motor cycles and the three wheeled invalid carriages Rear-numeral forty, seven , five
3. all Motor cycles with engines capacity less than 70cc Front letters & numerals (15 2.5 2.5 )
4. Other motor cycles in Front letters & numerals (30, 5,5)
5. Three wheelers of engine capacity is not like exceeding 500 cc Rear and front numerals (35 7 5)
6. Three wheelers of engine capacity exceeding (500 cc )